Can you believe that 2019 is halfway over? Can you think back to January? Did you make New Year’s Resolutions? Did you create a business plan? Whether you did these things or not, we recommend completing a mid-year check-in. There is no better way to make sure you are on track, acknowledge your accomplishments and create new goals. Here are 4 steps to evaluate your progress in 2019.
- Start with the Positives
- What are your highlights of 2019 so far?
- What are you most proud of personally?
- What are you most proud of professionally?
2. Evaluate Your 2019 Goals– Separate your goals into three categories.
- Not accomplished, but no longer serves a purpose
- Work in Progress
3. Dive Deep into Your Goals – For each goal in the Work in Progress category, ask yourself the following questions:
- What is your progress so far?
- What is helping you to achieve this goal?
- What things could you improve?
- Who can help you achieve this goal?
4. Plan with the End in Mind- When you create a business plan at the beginning of the year you have a blank slate. A whole 12 months to accomplish your goals. Doing a mid-year review can help you prioritize the goals you haven’t met yet, and help you create S.M.A.R.T goals for the remainder of the year.